Thursday, May 31, 2012

Digital Camera Sensor Size

This topic deserves much more time than I can give it right now.  However, I like this comparison by dpreview, so I include it here for my reference and you to use.  Sensor Sizes.

The picture makes it easier to see the difference between a 16mp 1/2.33, 4/3, APS-C and Full Frame.  Wow!  Same number of pixels, spread further apart.  Thus, the reason a compact camera with a small sensor shows more noise than one with a larger sensor.

I will be posting more about the noise as it relates to the Leica X series verses the M-8.  My wish list includes an M-Monochrome, but that will have to wait until they are used!

Don't forget to visit my photography web site where we sell museum quality black and white prints framed to last up to 175 years - Outdoor Images Fine Art.

No comments: